Saturday 19 November 2016

Yearly catch-up -AnneS

Well I had such great intentions at the start of the year, until I started a HAED challenge and got addicted and that's all I wanted to stitch for a while ... then work was mental busy and I was barely stitching at all. Anyway it was always my intention to work a bigger piece this year instead of doing all ornaments and a few weeks ago I decided 'what the heck' I still want to do it. So here is my year to date, primarily working on Halloween Markings by Heart in Hand.  I stitched everything in order of the monthly SAL themes :)

January - Winged creatures


February - Mummies and monsters


March - Pumpkins


April - Ghosts - it't teeny, tiny, and hiding behind a tree, but there is a ghost in there ;)


May - Spiders - a freebie by Lizzie*Kate (then I realised after I'd stitched it that I'd stitched the exact same design last year - doh!!)


June - Free choice (the geometric border)


July - Witches' accessories


August - Spooky words - unfortunately I can't find the photo I took with the words completed, but without the black cat block stitched :(

September - Bad fairies - no idea what to stitch for this one, so it was a bit of a fail ...

October - Black cats - and this saw the end of Halloween Markings, with all the blocks and border completed, just in time for Halloween itself


November - Skeletons and Skulls - Halloween Ornament 4 by The Floss Box (the skulls are hiding at the bottom), I just love their Halloween designs, they use lovely and bright colours (and great to see DMC as the threads of choice instead of overdyeds, as much as I love the look of overdyeds)


So, just December left to go now - hopefully next year I'll be able to keep up and keep on track ... although if I can I'm going to continue doing a larger project with multiple elements present, it's great to see some of the bigger projects get stitched up gradually bit by bit.



7 comments:

AnaCristina said...

Worderful, Anne!

Khristine Doiron said...

I love using a bigger design and stitching a little each month for these ornament SALs. Your Halloween Markings finish is awesome! And your other little ornaments are great too. You must have really like that Lizzie Kate one to stitch it twice ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This design was perfect for so many of the themes this year. I'll be putting next years up soon so you can plan!

I'm going for a larger piece again next year. It worked well this year.

Lili said...

Great work! Very beautiful stitching!!
:)

Stitching Noni said...

Love the idea of doing a larger piece for all the themes. Your choice for the year was perfect. I am going to do a larger piece next year which I hope will fit in with most of the themes
Hugs xx

Kaisievic said...

Wow! You have done so well with your catch up - your needles must have been smokin' hot! I love Halloween Markings - a great design for so many of the themes for this year. Well done, my dear.

Heather said...

Beautiful designs!