Monday 16 November 2015

Themes for 2016

Thank you so much for all your comments on the post about Plans for Next Year.  I am so pleased that so many of us want to continue and you're enjoying the blog.

We had some great suggestions for new themes for 2016 and as ever it was quite hard to choose.  The favourites from this year are Black Cats, Pumpkins and Ghosts so they will all feature next year.  I also amalgamated some categories into one (Bats and Owls have become Winged Creatures).  I have included two free months so you can stitch your choice even if it didn't make the list this year.

So here are the themes for 2016:

January - Winged Creatures
(Bats, Owls, Crows and Ravens etc)

February - Mummies and Monsters

March - Pumpkins

April - Ghosts

May - Spiders and Bugs

June - Free Choice

July - Witches' Accessories
(things like brooms, hats, boots, cauldrons etc)

August - Spooky Words

September - Bad Fairies and Wicked Queens

October - Black Cats

November - Skeletons and Skulls
(including Sugar Skulls and Day of the Dead themes)

December - Free Choice



You can be imaginative with your choices, the theme doesn't have to be the main feature of the ornie as long as it is in there somewhere!

I also have a larger piece which features many of the themes so I'll be showing that too.

Lisa had a great idea of theming the months according to the alphabet.  We thought this would fit in very well with The Alphabet Club posts.  I have done A-D so far and December's will be E.  So if you have any spooky stitching which fits in with the letter E please email me a picture before the 1st December.  It could be a designer beginning with E or a design title beginning with E or an E feautured in the design (Spooky Elephant anyone?).

Just to finish off a wordy post, here is Trixie The Hallowe'en Witch from Brooke's Books looking very elegant:



7 comments:

AnaCristina said...

Hello Jo! I would like to continue in 2016! Thank you!

cheryl said...

Count me in, too! I LOVE your Hallowe'en witch! That broom is "to die for". Super fantastic!

Heather said...

Lol you picked a lot of mine even though I'm not part of the stitching. I'm excited to see all of the interpretations!

Unknown said...

Perfect themes! Looking forward to Halloween stitching in 2016!

Rita said...

It looks like 2016 will be fun around here!

I love the Brooke's Books "Trixie". She does such cute designs!

Gwen said...

Cute witch. Love the broom. Please count me in for 2016.

Stitching Noni said...

Great themes for next year!
I'm in :o)
Hugs xx